30 November 2012

Map Art

Look what I found recently: the animals of the Chinese Zodiac, made entirely from the world map.

What an interesting fusion of geography and art!

This here is my own zodiac animal:

Twelve Animals, Horse --
The Horse from "Twelve Animals" by Kentaro Nagai

My parents' zodiac animal:
Twelve Animals, Tiger --
The Tiger from "Twelve Animals" by Kentaro Nagai

My two sisters' zodiac:
Twelve Animals, Rabbit --
The Rabbit from "Twelve Animals" by Kentaro Nagai

Twelve Animals, Dragon --
The Dragon from "Twelve Animals" by Kentaro Nagai

And my two brothers' zodiac:
Twelve Animals, Ram --
The Sheep from "Twelve Animals" by Kentaro Nagai

Twelve Animals, Rooster --
The Rooster from "Twelve Animals" by Kentaro Nagai

Also, my friends' and best friends' zodiac, since most of them were born in '89:

Twelve Animals, Snake --
The Snake from "Twelve Animals" by Kentaro Nagai

That said, I've always thought North America looked like the head of a goat, while Europe and the Nordic countries looked like two dragons mating.

Credits to pinktentacle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment