13 December 2012

New Year's Resolution

Earlier this year, someone on Twitter posted a question on travel resolutions in 2012. I answered by saying I wanted to see snow for the first time.

By mid January, I miraculously accomplished that resolution.

It was in Oita, Japan. I woke up to a gentle shower of snow flakes and a sheet of white snow covering the fields in front of my sisters' apartment. I felt like the snow was saying "Hi, nice to see you here"

So for next year, I've gotten my resolutions down: For the next 365 days in 2013, I will be travelling at least once a month.

Regardless if its only for the weekend, if its outstation or overseas, I want to start moving about more. I've read a few posts by travel bloggers (thanks to Lina for introducing them) and the thing that I've learnt is that if you want to be an avid traveller, you have to make travelling your priority.

So here's to pushing away the whole Armageddon fiasco, making the most of my life and striving to be the best I can. Pushing away negative thoughts / pessimistic remarks from others, and setting off on my own journey for all the right reasons.

Starting off with my trip to UK. And just as I started out this year, I hope to end this year with the same scene of gentle white snow (and hopefully not much sleet!) I experienced in January this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment